5 DAY POLISHED PLASTER TRAINING COURSE
At the Stucco & Stucco studio we teach the fine art of polished plastering. We run a 5 day intensive training course once a month, places are limited. The course is aimed at individuals that wish to learn new skills. The course is hands on, friendly and informal but structured. Our approach is to create a relaxed environment where you will enjoy learning. At the end of the week you will leave the course with a good understanding, knowledge and the confidence to take on your own project. You will not be an expert, professional or qualified! But you will be able to achieve some of the basic easier finishes , like anything else you will get better with practice.
The course is run by Andy Robinson. Andy runs Stucco & Stucco, has extensive experience in polished plastering and has trained in Cornwall, London & Venice. We know our craft and actively work with polished plaster on a day to day basis. We exhibit regularly at shows like Grand Designs & the Homebuilding & Renovating Show.
- The course is run Monday to Friday, starts each day at 10am until 4pm.
- The course includes tea & coffee and lunch each day.
- You just need to turn up, we provide all tools and materials. We use the best Italian materials imported from Venice.
- We will teach you the theory behind each product/finish from the correct primers to use through to the various options with wax finishes. You will create your own sample boards to take with you and amaze your family, friends and prospective clients.
- Practice with Marmorino ( various application techniques )
- Learn about the highly polished Stucco Veneziano.
- Find out which products are best suited to bathrooms and the best way to protect finishes from water.
- Each student will have their own work area (booth), you will plaster walls and a ceiling, internal and external corners. You will also work on your own samples that you can take away with you.
- You will leave with a wealth of infomation in a pack and DVD for you to watch and read at home as a refresher of what you have learnt whilst with us , we will inform you where the best places to buy your tools and materials are.
- After course support & backup.
- The 5 day foundation course costs £600, we teach no more than 6 students on each course. Your place is secured once payment is received.
Get in touch to book your place on the course and learn the art of polished plaster.